If you're building a new home, there are many costs to consider. From the initial design and construction to upkeep and maintenance over time, there are many factors that go into building your dream home.
You might be thinking about all these factors and wondering how much money it will cost. But did you know there are hidden costs as well? Here are six hidden costs that every homeowner must check with House Builders Canberra that helps avoid the hidden cost.
- Landscaping costs can be high. The cost of landscaping is an important factor when choosing an Expert House Builders Canberra, as it will affect the value of your property.
- Landscaping is a long-term investment and should be planned out in advance. If you have plans to sell or rent out your home in five years, then you need to make sure that your landscaping meets these requirements as well!
An orientation fee is one of those hidden costs that you don't necessarily think about until after the sale is complete. But once the Builder starts talking about it, it's time to pay up.
The purpose of this fee is to cover the cost of showing your property to potential buyers and their agents or brokers.
In other words, by paying for this service, you'll be letting them know that your house is worth looking at (and possibly buying).
But why do House Builders charge this?
It's because they want their homeowner's association dues paid upfront so they can get a head start on building houses in high-demand areas—and then make money off them rather than just sitting on land waiting for someone else' s house construction project ends before yours does.
There are two ways around this: negotiate with them directly or go with another builder who doesn't charge an orientation fee!
Deed Restrictions & Title Insurance Fees
Deed restrictions are legal agreement that restricts the use of your home. They can be written into your contract, but it is more likely that they will be included as part of the deed itself. If you're buying a new home, ask if any deed restrictions apply and how much they cost. For example:
- Is there a minimum age for living alone in this house?
- Does anyone need to live here full-time?
- Can we add rooms after we move in (like an office)?
Homeowner's Association Fees
A homeowner's association (HOA) is a group of homeowners who band together to maintain common areas in the community. The HOA may also have rules and regulations for its members, such as landscaping and noise levels.
You probably don't need an HOA, but it's worth checking in if you're thinking about moving into an area where one already exists. If you do end up joining one, make sure that your Builder knows the following:
- How much each member pays per month or year in dues
- That there will be a monthly fee associated with membership
The bottom line is that there are a lot of hidden costs when you're building your home. It's important to understand all of these costs with House Builders Canberra so that you can make informed decisions about what works best for you and your family.